Tropical, exotic and creamy is one of many ways to describe the Coconut & Orchid Body Butter by Superdrug. I don’t know about you but coconut is one of my all-time favourite scents and I’m also an avid user of body butters. Having used many different brands over the years from Soap & Glory to The Body Shop, I will always come back to Superdrug.
You might be wondering why and how can an own brand product be any good? Well not only does this product smell incredible it’s also cruelty free and suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians.
It comes in a large 200ml pot which lasts for 12 months after opening and can I just say how cute is the packaging, it definitely stands out on the shelf.
The butter glides on the skin, doesn’t feel greasy and absorbs into the skin fast. At just £3.99 it’s inexpensive, often on offer either buy one get one free or it’s half price. There are many other great scents to choose from in the range including Cherry & Macadamia Nuts, Lotus Flower & Cherry Blossom and many more.
If you aren’t a body butter fan you can also get some of the scents in a body scrub and body lotion.
Welcome back Soap & Glory fans, today’s post consists of the cute trio of butters set. Included in the set is the classic The Righteous Butter, a signature Soap and Glory piece, Sugar Crush and Smoothie Star.
The set was part of the Christmas collection for Boots and originally retailed for £8, it’s now on the half price sale if you are lucky enough to bag one in-store.
The packaging is quite quirky and girly and is great for a gift or to keep for yourself.
The butters are the miniature (50ml) so are perfect for testing out before committing to the full size or for travel.
My favourite scent is the Sugar Crush which is lime, Smoothie Star smells like almonds and The Righteous Butter is scented with their Original Pink scent.
What’s your favourite body butter?
Philip Colbert the designer of Rodnik collaborated with Soap and Glory to create ‘It’s the Whole She-Bang’. The design inspired by Pop Art features all over the large bag filled with popular Soap and Glory goodies.
I managed to purchase the bag from Boots on the Star Gift other, after a lot of deliberation I finally took the plunge as I’d never actually used the brand before.
The bag includes 9 items for head to toe beauty…
What’s in the bag?
- Scrub Of Your Life
- The Righteous Butter: Sunkissed Tint Body Lotion
- Hand Food
- Heel Genius
- Peaches and Clean: Deep Cleansing Milk
- The Righteous Butter
- Thick and Fast Mascara
- Sexy Mother-Pucker: Rose and Shine
As you can see there’s a great selection of full sized products (minus the make up).
For my first real experience of Soap and Glory I am pleased with all the items minus the Sunkissed Tint but that is because I don’t use any fake tan related products.
I fell in love with the brand and cant wait to try more things in the future!
The annual Boots Boxing Day sale consists of 50% off all Christmas gifts and Fragrance sets, this mini haul will show you what I managed to pick up for some great prices!
Cute or What Wash Bag
I managed to get this cute wash bag set for £6 which includes a body wash, body butter, bubble bath and a small body puff. I picked up one of these last year which featured a fox bag, I love the consistency of the animal theme which changes each year.
Cute or What: Bath Fizzers and Lip Balm Trio
Continuing with the Cute or What brand I managed to pick up a trio of bath fizzers with a kitty design and a lip balm trio for £2.50 each. This is a great price and will make lovely gifts so it’s worth picking them up!
A firm favourite of mine this year is from the Fearne Cotton collection. This set cost £5 and features a body puff, body butter, body wash, body scrub and a hand lotion all packaged neatly into a little drawer inspired box. The packaging for this looks great and the productshave a ‘musky aroma’ scent which is subtle yet smells amazing.
Sanctuary Spa: Little Bag of Treats
The final gift I picked up was this stunning little Sanctuary Spa set which is held together in a floral silk bag. The contents include a bath puff, body wash, body lotion and a body scrub. This set looks quite elegant so again it would make a great gift and best of all it only cost £4!
Have you picked up anything from the Boots sale?
*Images taken on HTC Desire 610
Body butters come in a large range of scents, brands and sizes etc.. and as I have acquired quite a few different ones I thought I would do a mini post on which one is essentially the winner and best of all they are all small prices!
1) Superdrug Coconut & Sweet Lime: As you may have read from a previous review I love this body butter for it’s tropical fresh scent and packaging, it’s also currently on sale for £1.98 instead of £3.99! The only disadvantage compared to the others is it’s large size, it’s 200ml so isn’t exactly compact but it does have a usage span of 12 months.
2) Tesco Extracts Cranberry & Pomegranate: This is quite different to my other butters as it is purely a fruity scent which makes a nice change and at 50ml is a nice compact size. It’s usage is longer than Superdrug’s at a whopping 24 months. This was a gift which also came with a shower gel.
3) Tesco Extracts: Honey & Shea Butter: This was love at first sight, the butter smells gorgeous and was in a nice little set for £2 with a shower gel, again it is 50ml with a 24 month usage period. The only problem I find with Tesco Extracts is that the scent doesn’t appear to last long unless you use the shower gel with it.
4) Boots Extracts: Cocoa Butter: Another great scent which seems to last and has the same ml and usage time of the Tesco butters, this again was in a gift set with a shower gel which I brought in January, currently it will be on the 3 for 2 on the Boots Christmas guide. In comparison to the other pots however it’s label doesn’t look as appealing.
And the winner is….
Superdrug takes the crown with the refreshing scent of coconut and lime!
Although all the products are cruelty free which is a bonus I feel Superdrug’s labelling and scent stands out much more although I would recommend all the products reviewed.
What’s your favourite body butter?
Coconut & Sweet Lime Body Butter is part of Superdrug’s own brand range of body butters. with them currently on offer for £1.99 instead of £3.99 I managed to pick up a bargain! The pot is quite large at 200ml and the packaging stands out compared to other brands of body butter.
The scent is quite fresh and tropical, only a small amount is needed and the butter itself glides onto the skin and doesn’t feel ‘greasy’ in the slightest. The product is cruelty-free and can be used for up to 12 months.
If you are in need of a new body butter then I’d definitely recommend this item or another one within the range, you cant go wrong with the price and it leaves skin unbelievable soft! The hint of lime certainly gives a twist to your ordinary coconut body butter and best of all the scent lasts a while after application.